How to: Use the Workbench
January 13, 2021
The workbench is a simple dashboard that provides only the tools and pages relevant to the user.
What is the Workbench?
Workbench is a single interface that removes the complexity and options of the CMS and site, in only providing the tools and pages relevant to a single user role.
On the page, a user will only essential content related to them such as:
- Recent Edits – Listing of all page edits made by the user.
- Create Content – Allows users to quickly create pages that their role is allowed to create.
- Configure – The ability to customize the toolbar so the user can add and/or edit items and actions that they frequently use.
Who should use the Workbench?
The workbench is available to all users within the CMS and can be used at any time. However, it is more-so helpful for specific user roles.
As an example, if there is a role defined for Blog Authors, those users would benefit from Workbench in the following ways:
- A streamlined space where they can quickly see and edit their articles (as they are restricted to only edit their own) and not have to dig around within the content area in seeing the entirety of the site.
- Quickly access key tasks from the navigation.
- Create blog articles quickly by not having to choose from a large list of templates.
- And most of all, not be overwhelmed by the extraneous items in the navigation that they don’t use.
How do I access Workbench?
- On the top navigation of the CMS, go to Workbench.
- Within the Workbench menu, click on My Workbench.