How to: Create an Profile Page
January 20, 2021
Profile pages are used as to provide details on people such as biography and contact information.
What are Profile Pages used for?
Depending on the type of website, the profile page can be used for the type of people applicable to the system. Such as:
- Faculty Members
- Doctors or Physicians
Creating a Profile Page
- From the Content dashboard, click the Add Content button.
- From the list of available Content types, select Profile for it to be created.
- A new Article page will display in Edit Mode where the user can start populating page content.
Profile Page Fields
- Name – The name of the person that will be displayed at the top of the page as the title.
- Image – An optional image can be shown of the person that is displayed next to the person's name.
- Phone Number – Phone number that will be displayed on the page and used as a contact method.
- Email Address – Email that will be displayed on the page and used as a contact method.
- Position Title – The title, department, or position of the user that will be displayed alongside the person's name.
- Body – The main content of the profile.
- Widgets – Widgets can be used to enhance the content of the page (e.g., accordions, tabs, images, etc.).
- Faculty Type – The type of faculty will be used to filter the item on listing pages.