How to: Create an Article Page
January 20, 2021
This highly-flexible template is a module-driven page with structured content elements that allow for greater distribution across the website's ecosystem and is great for storytelling.
What are Article Pages used for?
- News articles
- Blog articles
- Story-based articles
Creating an Article Page
- From the Content dashboard, click the Add Content button.
- From the list of available Content types, select Article (In some cases, this content type may be referred to as Blog, News, or Story) for it to be created.
- A new Article page will display in Edit Mode where the user can start populating page content.
Article Page Fields
- Title – Name of the article.
- Image – Image that will be displayed alongside the title of the article.
- Intro Title – A brief headline or paragraph used to introduce the body content of the article.
- Body – The main content of the article.
- Widgets – Widgets can be used to enhance the content of the page and further contribute to storytelling elements (e.g., Pull-quotes, images, videos, etc.).
- Published Date – Used to identify when the article was published and to categorize where the article will display in date-driven listing pages or feeds.
- Author – The name of the author which can be manually added or selected from a pre-defined list of authors (created within the paragraph library).
- Article Type – The type of article will be used to filter the item on listing pages.