How to: Clone a Page
October 29, 2020
In instances that you need to duplicate the layout or use the same content as another page, you can clone a page.
What is it used for?
- For pages with complex layouts, you can simply clone the page so that you will not have to recreate the layout.
- Textual content within modules that have slight differences and will only require the content author a minimal amount of editing.
Cloning the Page
- When viewing a page that you would like to clone, go to the Clone option that is displayed near the edit and layout modes.
- The page will then be cloned and you will be brought into Edit mode.
- Please remember that both the layout and content of the page will be cloned.
- In some cases, it may be more work to remove or change the content than it is to recreate it.
- The menu link and parent item does not copy over from the existing page and will therefore have to be added for the newly cloned page.